I did my very best to keep my kids from putting random stuff in their mouths when they were babies. Wasn’t a lot of random stuff to find – but my daughter managed to nearly give me a stroke when she was about 18 months old. I thought she was snoozing on the love seat (famous last mom words right?) and I went to return a phone call, turned around as I was dialing, and she’d put one of my tiny hoop earrings in her mouth and swallowed. This was a kid what would spit back peas or yams like a champ – that earring went straight down….
I flipped out and called the doctor and she said, it would probably pass through but obviously watch it for a day and if nothing showed up in her diaper, bring her in.
So I waited, fed her extra, and sure enough there it was in the diaper. I boiled it and stuck it in her baby book with the story…. she was sufficiently grossed out when she got older.
As was her younger brother when he learned the story of the greenish gold hoop earring. 🙂
This piece is 8 x 10 and currently for sale for $145- if you’d like to buy it directly from me, just contact me below:
[contact-form to=’firstname.lastname@example.org’ subject=’That Time the Baby Ate the Seeds Painting’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]